Home Tips: Hosting guests at home is a great way to get together with friends and family. Going out to dinner or events is fun, but there is something special about being a host at home.
Here are five easy ways to prepare your home for entertaining.
- Place Appetizers on the Coffee Table: When the party starts, you’ll be busy greeting guests. Place appetizers like a cheese plate, crackers, and olives on your coffee table so guests can eat and mingle.
- Prepare a buffet table: Serving people adds an additional task to your entertaining to-do list. Push a side table against a wall or use your kitchen island to set up a buffet table for people to serve themselves. People may enjoy being able to set portion sizes and food options, plus it will leave you with more time with your guests and less time in the kitchen.
- Install a drink bar: If you have a bar cart, put all your drinks in one place. If you don’t have a bar cart, assemble everything into a large end table.
- Rearrange the furniture: Rearrange the sofas and chairs in your living room so they are conducive to conversation. If furniture is missing, bring chairs from the dining room or kitchen to the living room while people enjoy hors d’oeuvres.
- Indulge in the details: Little details like fresh flowers, candles, and silverware can make the evening even more special. Have fun designing the table’s aesthetics by selecting your silverware, dinnerware, dinnerware, and napkin options.
- Take it outside: If it’s a beautiful day, take the party outside! Clean up patio furniture, install an outdoor umbrella, and add some comfortable seating. For an added touch, add flowers from your garden and lanterns or candles.
These tips can make home entertainment more enjoyable! Call some friends and invite them over to your house.